Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash With Cranberries
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound brussels sprouts
1 small butternut squash – 4 cups
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
Generous pinch of cinnamon
1. Peel and slice butternut squash, scoop out seed and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Trim the bottom of the brussels sprouts and slice them in half.
3. Place the brussels sprouts and squash on a non-stick baking sheet and drizzle with a little oil. Sprinkle with salt and toss.
4. Roast for 40 minutes in a 425 degree oven, stirring after 25 minutes.
5. Add the cranberries and pumpkin seeds 5 minutes before finished. Remove and let cool slightly.
6. In a large mixing bowl, add the roasted vegetables and toss with the orange-cinnamon dressing.
7. Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.