2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup uncooked arborio rice
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
1/2 cup white wine or additional broth
1-1/2 cups cooked turkey breast, cubed
2 tablespoons Romano cheese, shredded
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a small saucepan, bring broth to a simmer. Keep hot.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil
over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and sauté until tender for about 3 minutes.
3. Add rice and thyme. Cook on medium and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add in wine. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook and stir until wine is absorbed.
5. Add in the reserved hot broth 1/2 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until broth has been absorbed after each addition, the rice is tender but firm to the bite, and risotto is creamy. This will take about 20 minutes.
6. Add remaining ingredients.
7. Cook and stir until thoroughly heated.