Savory Pumpkin Hummus
1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons tahini
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon paprika
Garnish: chopped parsley, sesame seeds, paprika and extra virgin olive oil.
1. Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Add more olive oil or water if it’s too thick.
3. Place the savory pumpkin hummus in a shallow bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Garnish with sesame seeds, chopped parsley and paprika.
5. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.