Here’s a tasty Summer Cauliflower Bake recipe to add a hearty and tangy side to outdoor barbecues, seasonal gatherings or to make a weeknight meal more special.
1 large head of cauliflower, 1 ½ – 2 pounds
4 tablespoons butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese, mild or sharp
1 cup soft, fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
½ teaspoon ground paprika
2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
2. Cut cauliflower into florets and steam until just tender for about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
3. Stir 4 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add the flour and stir until smooth. Stir continuously for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
4. Gradually add milk to the flour and butter mixture. Stir in and cook until sauce has thickened and is bubbly.
5. Add the mustard and cheese and continue to cook until the cheese has melted.
6. Add the drained cauliflower to the sauce and mix gently.
7. Spoon the cauliflower and cheese mixture into the prepared baking dish.
8. Combine the soft breadcrumbs with the parsley, paprika and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Toss to blend thoroughly.
9. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the cauliflower mixture and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly and the top is lightly browned.
Enjoy your Summer Cauliflower Bake Recipe!
For more recipe and drink ideas, visit our Cuisine and Cocktails page.