Healthy Quinoa Tabouli Salad
1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large cucumber cut into 1/4” pieces
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Bring quinoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1-1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer on medium-low heat. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until quinoa is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
2. Whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Spread out quinoa on a large rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
4. Transfer to a large bowl; mix in 1/4 cup lemon/garlic dressing. This can be prepared the day before. Cover remaining dressing and quinoa separately and chill.
5. Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining dressing.