Chicken Veggie Stir Fry
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups broccoli florets
½ yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
½ red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
½ cup baby carrots, sliced
2 teaspoon ginger, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
Stir Fry Sauce:
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoons cold water
¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup honey
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Make stir fry sauce: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together corn starch and water. Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet or heat over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from skillet.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil to the skillet.
5. Add broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots and cook– stirring occasionally, just until tender. Add ginger and garlic and cook for an additional minute.
6. Add chicken back into the skillet.
7. Whisk and mix in stir fry sauce and pour over chicken and vegetables.
8. Bring to a boil for one minute.
9. Serve over rice.