1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cups arugula
6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup sliced radishes
1 lemon, halved
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzle
Aged balsamic vinegar for drizzle
Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano chees
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. For marinade: whisk balsamic vinegar, olive oil and rosemary in small bowl.
3. Spoon marinade over sliced beef, turn to coat completely and let stand 1 hour.
4. Season meat with 2 tablespoons pepper and 1 tablespoon salt.
5. Heat canola oil in heavy, large skillet over high heat. Add beef and brown on all sides for about 5 minutes.
6. Transfer skillet to oven and cook beef to desired doneness, about 30 minutes for rare. Let beef rest for 10 minutes.
7. Place arugula, sliced radishes and cherry tomatoes on serving dish.
8. Slice beef thinly and place on top of arugula. Drizzle any juices from platter over beef.
9. Squeeze lemon over the entire dish, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and aged vinegar.
10. Salt and pepper, then top with shaved cheese and serve.