Basil Pesto Ingredients:
2 cups of packed basil leaves
2 garlic cloves, chopped into quarters
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of pine nuts
1/2 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Course sea salt & fresh ground pepper
Sautéed Shrimp & Cherry Tomatoes Ingredients:
One cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 tablespoon of butter
3 cloves of garlic, minced
8-10 shrimp (We used Argentine red shrimp)
One teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add the basil, pine nuts and garlic into
a food processor or chopper.
2. Press the pulse button 3-4
times. Slowly pour olive oil in while
intermittently hitting the pulse button.
3. Add the grated cheese, mix a final
time and season.
4. Add cherry tomatoes to a lightly-oiled
heated skillet. Cook until the tomatoes
are almost bursting. Set aside tomatoes
on a seperate plate.
5. Season shrimp with salt, pepper and
red pepper flakes. Melt butter in skillet,
then add shrimp.
6. Cook shrimp on one side for two
minutes. Flip and add garlic. Cook for
7. Stir in tomatoes and cook until shrimp
8. Serve over penne pasta with pesto
and top with grated Pecorino Romano