Looking for a breakfast, brunch – or even a dinner idea that’s worthy of royalty? Try our Queen Quiche Recipe! This decadent quiche recipe is elevated comfort food at its finest. Making the crust from scratch adds an extra step and some extra time, but you’ll be rewarded with a fully home made masterpiece – and your family will be sure to feel the love!
For the CRUST
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 stick cold butter, cubed
3 tablespoons ice water
For the QUICHE FILLING
8 slices of bacon
1-1/2 cups shredded Gruyère, divided
1 shallot, minced
6 large eggs
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
1 Pinch of cayenne
1 Pinch of nutmeg
Kosher salt to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper
1. For the crust: In a large bowl whisk together the flour and the salt. Add in butter and work into the flour with your hands until the mixture resembles pea-size crumbs. Add ice water by the tablespoon until the mixture forms a crust. Shape into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm for about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough until ¼” thick. Drape the dough over a 9-inch pie plate, crimp edges and trim to remove any extra dough. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. For the Queen Quiche filling: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop the bacon after it is cooled.
4. Scatter the chopped bacon onto the pie crust with 1 cup of the Gruyère cheese and the shallot. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, cayenne and nutmeg. Season with salt. Pour the egg and cream mixture over the bacon and cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
5. Bake 40 minutes at 375 degrees and let cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!