Enjoy this recipe for Festive Layered Pasta Salad as a light, bright and colorful addition to your holiday menu!
3 cups dried elbow pasta
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
5 slices of bacon, cooked & chopped
1/2 small red cabbage, chopped
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
2 baby gem lettuces, shredded
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, diced
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Creamy Mustard Dressing:
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions. Strain and then rinse under cold water. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally for five minutes or until crispy. Drain on paper towel.
3. To make the creamy mustard dressing: Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice and mustard in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place cabbage over the base of a five-quart glass serving bowl. Layer with corn, then half of the pasta. Spoon over 3/4 of the dressing. Arrange lettuce over dressing layer.
5. Toss tomato, cucumber and remaining pasta together. Spoon over lettuce. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
6. Sprinkle with bacon, cheese and green onion. Season with pepper.
Enjoy your Festive Layered Pasta Salad!