Refreshing Summer Pasta Salad
6 cups radiatori pasta, or rotini
1 large broccoli head,
prepared into large florets
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
2 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups spring salad mix
1 ¾ cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
¾ cup black olives, pitted
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until ‘al dente,’ about 10 minutes; add broccoli florets to the pasta after 7 minutes.
2. Drain the pasta and broccoli and refresh in a large bowl of iced water.
3. Whisk together mustard, vinegar, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper in a small mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil to make a smooth dressing.
4. Drain pasta and broccoli. Pat dry with paper towels.
5. Mix in spring lettuce mix, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and black olives.
5. Drizzle the prepared dressing over the pasta.