Color Your (Business) World
Your eyes are truly remarkable little spheres. They can see around seven million colors. But what’s more interesting is how your brain chooses to process those colors. Color can be a clear identifier of a product or an organization. Pick colors that are appropriate for your field based on your target demographic and the service or product you offer. Colors can affect how we feel subconsciously. Consider these tips when choosing shades for your brand:
- Red attracts the most attention and is associated with strong emotions such as love and anger, power and danger. Red is stimulating, vibrant and exciting.
- Orange conveys excitement, warmth, encouragement, enthusiasm and motivation. Social and inviting, this is the color of the extrovert that exudes happiness and releases inhibitions.
- Yellow expresses youthful fresh energy and optimism. The color the human eye sees first, yellow stimulates the left side of the brain which is associated with clear thinking and decision making.
- Green is associated with growth, health, renewal and life. It is a refreshing and peaceful color. It evokes feelings of abundance while providing a sense of serenity and security.
- Blue, the shade of the sea and the sky, is thought to induce calm and convey tranquility, serenity, trust and peace. It evokes confidence and inspires feelings of integrity and responsibility.
- Purple is created when the energy of red combines with the calm of blue. The color of sensitivity, it inspires spirituality and is also associated with royalty and luxury.
- Black is a powerful color. Formal and mysterious, it signifies control, confidence and elegance.
It is best to choose one one main color and no more than two additional ones. With so many to choose from, you can set yourself apart and convey your business concept and its image through the use of color.